This is the second painting of the Pepperpot Triptych which now hangs in the Peoples Hall Sedbergh.
After 1930 the Pepperpot, then known as the summer house, fell into disuse. In 1948 a cow grazing in the field forced its way into the building and up the spiral staircase. It took five men with ropes to get the cow down the stairs. The owners, Sedbergh School, removed the stairs and the upper floor to prevent other animals getting stuck.